I’ve never been too afraid of adventures – my normal way of living goes as follows: if i’ve never done something before, let’s give it a try & see what happens! Because of this strategy, i’ve tried my hand at making bread, generally learned to bake a chix (yes, I’ve made progress from my last blog), paragliding in China, picked up snowboarding in my late 30s, learned some basic NT Greek, honed my crossing guard skills, spoken in more than 30 different countries & I even enjoy eating durian (google for more info), among many other things.
Some of these things may sound pretty cool to you, but let me tell you the mistakes that went with these adventures:
- burned countless bread attempts
- more than 10 yrs of baked chix attempts,
- dislocated my shoulder while paragliding,
- got a concussion through my helmet while learning to snowboard
- Greek – lets just say i’m still learning
- i didn’t tell you about the parents who have almost hit me while doing traffic, despite wearing my bright orange safety vest 😉
- learning to speak w a translator has had more than a few comical & embarassing moments
- durian – that’s altogether its own topic
Here’s my point: take some risks, make mistakes, learn & grow. Life can be full of “whoops”, but they usually precede some really cool things if you just stick w it!!!