Sometimes I feel overwhelmed, stretched too thin & as Bilbo said, “Too much bread & not enough butter.” Its true that I often do this to myself, attempting to squeeze in too much, yet again. But there are also times when I’m running to catch up to the busy lives of three teenagers & a thoroughly magnificent husband, to say nothing of my own workload. Today is one of those days. From the time I woke up, it’s like I can’t keep up with everything I need to do.
Do you ever feel this way? So what to do?
Here’s some real time lessons:
- Do what’s immediately in front of you
- Keep a running list of stuff you need to do – this can help you to stop worrying about something falling through the cracks
- Solicit help – I just asked someone to give me grace on a deadline & they graciously agreed
- Be careful with your attitude – when we’re in hyper busy mode it’s easy to get snappy & curt, only making everything worse
- Pray – nothing is more helpful than requesting divine input & intervention