TGIF takes on an entirely new meaning when I think about it in light of Good Friday. This day marks not only the conclusion of a workweek, but more importantly, Jesus’ crucifixion which was humanity’s windfall. Jesus’ death on the cross was:
- the defining moment for humanity’s reconciliation with Heaven.
- the conclusion of approximately 2,000 years of Law with human shortcoming & failure.
- the ultimate expression of Genuine Love for an unworthy planet
- the fertilzer for resurrection
- the place where our lives receive ultimate freedom, redemption and acceptance
Truly, Good Friday is good and God’s ultimate expression of Genuine Love & I find myself in a state of awe, wonder, gratitude and overwhelming astonishment at such extravagant love. May Jesus’ crucifixion, burial and resurrection work redemption into our hearts, through our lives and reconcile the world in which we live to our loving Heavenly Father. Today is truly a Good Friday.