There are lots of factors that are important in our lives, such as our IQ, Emotional Intelligence, time management, financial wisdom, etc. Sometimes the stuff that’s not so measurable or obvious doesn’t get the same attention as the stuff I just listed. I would propose that being steady is one of those less sexy or noticeable factors but massively important nonetheless.
I say this because of what steady can accomplish:
- less cavities with steady brushing and flossing
- better weight control with steady exercise
- deeper intimacy with steady presence
- more awareness of God with steady / daily quiet times
- better cooking skills with steady practice
As I write this and think about the value of being steady, it makes me wonder how many things in my life would be improved if I were more steadfast in my attention and energies in various areas. Our daily routines / habits can predict our future 🙂