Conventional thinking tells us that if we:
- work harder, we’ll go farther;
- study more, we’ll be smarter;
- promote ourselves, we’ll gain notoriety;
- exercise & eat right, we’ll feel better.
To a degree, these are all true. But the ultimate fulfillment to going father, being smarter (more wise), visibility & feel good about ourselves isn’t sustained in conventional nor fleshly thinking.
Jesus tells us that the way to being fulfilled is through being committed to kingdom opposites:
- The last will be first;
- the way ahead is through humility & service;
- exercise & discipline are corollaries to soul health;
- seeking God’s kingdom first sets everything in proper alignment to live a of fulfillment & reward!