Last night, the Grammys were awarded to lots of very talented people who have achieved some incredible things, some admirable & noteworthy. Despite all of these accomplishments, let’s remember what’s even more important than achievements – people. People are important because they’re people and not only for what they can achieve. So here are some ideas to affirm & encourage people in your life today:
- tell someone why you like them in relation to their character – I like that you’re: compassionate, patient, passionate, creative, fun, thoughtful, etc
- be liberal with compliments & stingy with criticisms
- look for ways to encourage someone: I saw that you went the extra mile; I see that you’re trying to improve in this area, I appreciate your creativity, etc
- affirm differences rather than shaming for conformity 🙂
- let the Holy Spirit encourage you today & this can help us encourage people around us!