I hate to fall but moreso I hate the possible injuries that come from falling. We can all remember those times as kids when we scrapped up our hands & knees from falling. And as adults, it’s even less fun to fall.
Where – But falling happens. We fall physically & maybe injure our wrists. We also fall in other ways – like having a mishap / fall in a hostile interaction with a co-worker. Or maybe we fall from an emotional struggle & go back to some bad habits. We can fall when there’s an area of pride, possibly our work performance, achievements, intelligence, beauty, etc.
Why – We fall because we aren’t paying attention to where we’re going. We fall because we didn’t see an obstacle. We fall because we might be in pride. We fall because we’re going faster than our abilities allow.
Help – So when we fall, what are some do’s & dont’s?
- Do clean out any wounds to prevent infection – don’t tolerate unforgiveness
- Do get up & keep going – don’t quit
- Do learn the lessons that come from falling – don’t repeat the exact same fall or mistake
- Do keep trying – don’t find excuses for getting rigid & moribund
- Do lean into the Holy Spirit to teach you how to walk together & prevent some mishaps & falls 🙂