I’ve been reading about King David in 2 Samuel lately & this morning I was struck by the severity of his shortfall with Bathsheba. There are a boatload of things he did wrong in that scenario:
- should’ve been out fighting with Joab, but he stayed home
- secretly watched a naked woman bathing
- continued his interest in her by inquiring her name
- brought her to his palace
- slept with her, knowing she was married
- tricked Uriah, her husband
- sent Uriah to be killed in battle
Bathsheba became pregnant after sleeping with David, their son was born sick and died after seven days. This story is an epic tragedy full of death, pain, suffering, selfishness, deception and loads more! It seems to me that nothing good could come out this whole mess, ever, never and in no way.
Solomon was considered one of Israel’s greatest kings! He built the temple in Jerusalem, wrote two books of the Bible and was one of the wisest men who ever lived. Solomon was the son of Bathsheba and King David, after the baby died who was conceived from David’s sin.
Let’s remember that there’s no weakness or failure in our lives that God cannot redeem & make into something entirely glorious!