I’m leading our first Saving Moses team trip & we are in Cambodia working with our nightcare work & it’s awesome!! I was reflecting in my heart this morning as we were flying into Cambodia how God had placed the dream of nightcare into my heart, made it become a reality & now I get to introduce our team to God’s amazing work & love demonstrated 6nights a week to the least of the least – babies & toddlers of sex workers. Tonight was our first night & I think everyone had an amazing time albeit jet lagged & hazy. As we go to sleep tonight, I’m thanking God for being the tangible & continuous expression of Genuine Love. Thanks for reading this & I pray that you think of Gods astounding love for you as you go through your day 🙂
Three nights ago I had a really bad dream. I dreamt that I was in a foreign country & I was helping some babies who were extremely needy. As I was dreaming, however, I had this feeling during the entire dream that I there were lots of babies where I was that were in very significant & desperate need. It almost seemed like I was being kept from seeing them because I wasn’t strong enough to see them yet, since they were in such bad shape. When I woke up, I had this lingering feeling that I’m still not in a place yet to be able to be able to help these desperate babies.
As I’ve been thinking about this over the last few days, I’ve been considering the work we do with Saving Moses with nightcare. It is absolutely heaven for the babies in our care at night time: they get a nice warm bath when they arrive, they get to play with cool, age appropriate toys, surrounded by workers who safely love our babies and toddlers, dinner and then a safe & protected place to peacefully sleep through the night – heaven 🙂
Without nightcare, the night time for these babies are more like nightmares. Perhaps I had this dream to decrease the nightmares by increasing our nightcares.
What a great day to honor a great man – Martin Luther King Jr. I love watching his I Have a Dream speech & I find that it speaks to some of the core of who God has made me to be:
- I have a dream that Saving Moses will be able to partner maternal literacy programs with our malnutrition feeding efforts to decrease infant mortality in Africa.
- I have a dream that Saving Moses will be able to establish 3 nightcare facilities in Cambodia to care for the infants of prostitutes.
- I have a dream that my relationship with God will grow increasingly intimate throughout this year.
- I have a dream that I will have more wisdom in every area of my life.
- I have a dream that I will be less & less insecure.
- I have a dream that God will direct the decisions that I will need to make this year to reflect Him better & better.
- I have a dream that people will be attracted to Jesus because of how I live.
- I have a dream that God will help me to love with greater authenticity.
What are your dreams??