Hiccups aren’t pleasant. Some ways people deal w hiccups include: a spoonful of sugar under the tongue, eating a dab of peanut butter, drinking water upside down, startling someone, etc.
And what about the unexpected hiccups in one’s schedule or mishaps with various plans? What are some ways we can cope with the unexpected? Here are some ideas:
- Take a deep breath & remember that nothing catches God by surprise
- Recognize the surprises have an emotional toll & this can be part of the challenge to navigate
- Look for the upside – finding some good can make surprises more palatable
- Do healthy – drink water, get rest, make good eating decisions, take a walk / exercise
- Step into it & make the best with what you’ve got, frequently asking for God’s help