Have you seen those gadgets that look like big pocket knives, but they have various configurations of tools? Depending on the size of the tool, these contraptions can have screwdrivers, miniature hammers, awls, scissors, files, corkscrews & stuff that is totally baffling to me. Since I’m not into keeping tools easily accessible, I don’t carry around this kind of thing, although I admit it could be useful.
With this idea, let’s consider that genuine love is the multi-tool perfectly suited for our relationships, regardless of the depth, length or intensity of the relationship. Here are some of the specific applications that we can use everyday with genuine love as our relationship multi-tool:
- patience, endurance, stability, faithfulness – these come in handy when you’d rather jet or quit
- forgiveness, always hoping, believing the best – these are useful for those sharp exchanges & misunderstandings that happen from time to time
- kind, encouraging, celebrating truth – great tools to build up the other person without being fake
- selfless, generous – super helpful when we need to go the extra mile
- celebrating righteousness & being protective – keeping a relationship clean & clear from fleshly clutter is essential to maintaining healthy interactions
Be sure to keep genuine love as your top priority in your relationships!