Have you ever been frustrated when you can’t get reception for your cell phone? Yesterday, my family & I were driving through Yellowstone WY for our family vacation & there was zero cell reception for probably more than 6hours. For a little bit, it was frustrating but the longer I went without cell phone usage, the more I liked it. Maybe these observations could be helpful to you when you think about connecting with God:
- Not getting what we want isn’t always a bad thing
- Distractions like phones, tend to interrupt our attention to being present in each moment
- With the Holy Spirit, we have perpetual reception because the Holy Spirit is always with us!
- Having a break from continual communication is probably more healthy than we often realize
Recently, I had a few problems with my phone. It started to delete some of my email accounts a few months ago, then recently, it would do random & unpredictable things. It became uber funky a few days ago & deleted all of my contacts. Yesterday, it decided to delete all of my calendar appointments & this morning, it deleted all of my email accounts. I felt like I was flying blind – but it also reminded me about how we used to not have wireless phones, nor emails, synched calendars, text messages, etc. Clearly, we’ve come a LONG way in our tech usage, but we aren’t so smart that we don’t need God.
- I can have the fastest 4G network, but without the “Jesus” direct line, theres some communication lag ,)
- I can have the best wifi access we know, but without the Holy Spirit as my wireless, I’m dead in the water
- I can have the best love affair with my phone, but no one completes me more than the Trinity 🙂
Happy Thurs to you!