My dad hated surprises – particularly bad surprises, but he wasn’t too keen on good ones either. I learned very quickly that I needed to give him lots of forewarning to avoid the “surprise fallout.” I also learned from his reactions that not everyone thinks that surprises are fun. Indeed, some people completely hate surprises, which can be kind of tricky to navigate when raising children (who are FULL of surpises). So here are some helpful thoughts about surprises:
- no “surprise” catches God off-guard, since God is all-knowing
- since God is all-knowing, we get to trust that God’s plans are always better than anything we could consider
- it seems to me that staying calm is a good way to navigate surprises for the best outcomes
- despite our best efforts, there is always the unexpected in our lives so it’s better to be flexible than resistant 🙂
- it always helps me to remember that God is sovereign & nothing makes God jittery!
Don’t forget to stay in touch with Saving Moses over the next month for some GREAT SURPRISES!!!