Ok, most of us have lots of spinning plates in our lives & depending on the season there are a few more or less. So here’s some help & humor to keep a bit of balance:
- humor – watch this first: spinning plates
- God’s priorities versus self-fulfillment – sometimes we take on extra stuff because the achieving makes us feel good, until we get overwhelmed. So a good question to ask ourselves is: Did God give me this assignment or is this a self pursuit?
- use styrofoam or metal plates ,)
- keep discrete boundaries – keep each plate on it’s own pole without letting it’s workload bleed over into other areas (family, work, school, relationships, etc)
- learn to lean into God – independence, dependence & interdependence: God’s preferences for us don’t include independence from God
- daily balance – what worked yesterday isn’t guaranteed to be the same for today; stay agile
- of SUPREME IMPORTANCE: maintain a healthy & vibrant relationship with God, otherwise disaster will nip at your heels, ring your doorbell & greet you at the most unexpected & undesirable times