I had some experiences today that had the potential to make me nervous, jittery & anxious – all for good reasons that don’t need the details here. But I think that we all struggle with being anxious, nervous & jittery for various reasons. Hopefully, this might provide some helpful ideas:
- It always helps me when I’m anxious or jittery to take a minute & fix my thoughts on Jesus – gives me some good perspective
- When I’m nervous, I want to be mindful that I’m not snappy with people because, then I feel bad in addition to feeling nervous
- If I have some long-term nervousness going on, sometimes I’ll stop & make a list of the good things that God has done (inventory God’s faithfulness); this helps me to adjust my trust off of the anxiety & onto Jesus
- asking a friend to pray can also be very helpful
- God also reminded me one time that He has more answers than I have questions & that He has more solutions than I have problems – that was super helpful!!
Ps 55:22 says to cast our cares on the Lord because He cares for us.