- gather helpful information – talk with others who have faced similar decisions to get their inputs, do some research, get smart
- be aware of your own frame of mind – if you’re discouraged or in a place of euphoria, these perspectives have an impact on your thoughts and evaluation processes
- analysis can become paralysis – sometimes analyzing and evaluating can be used to delay an actual decision; it can even happen that the results of indecision can be more damaging than the results of a wrong or bad decision
- no analysis or evaluation can cross into “stupid land”, so be careful on this one
- pray & listen: my experience is that my best decisions are made after I take the time & energy to ask God for His input & wisdom & then listen & listen well
Have you found other things to be helpful with decision making???