“I need to think about that.” This is my classic answer to the majority of the things my kids ask from me. If I impulsively say yes or no, I’m likely going to get into some hot water rather quickly.
But with Jesus, I always want to say “yes!” When we say yes to Jesus, it can be saying yes to
- being kind to a stranger,
- loving our kids when they get under our skin,
- being generous with our finances,
- helping a prostitute look after her baby or toddler,
- praying for someone who’s sick
- and lots of other things!
Let’s decide before Jesus asks that we’ll say “Yes!”