We are very busy trying to finalize all of the arrangements for our 1st trip to Angola in about 2 weeks. Alot of people don’t know too much about Angola, so here are some things to help you understand why we are going there:
- Angola has one of the world’s highest infant mortality rates one baby out of every 6-10 born doesn’t make it to the age of 5
- Angola had civil war for around 30 years; when a country is unstable for this long, its most vulnerable citizens are the quickest to suffer the greatest (hence the need for SM in Angola)
- Angola is the 2nd highest producer of diamonds & petroleum in sub-saharan Africa
- It is located in the southwestern part of Africa, north of Namibia & south of Congo
- Angola was a colony of Portugal for close to 400 years & received its independence in 1975
Decreasing infant mortality in nations like Angola can have some relatively easy solutions: clean water, immunizations & adequate nutrition. One of the things I love about Saving Moses is that things that we would consider “little” can save lives. Let’s do something to give an infant a fighting chance to not only survive, but thrive.