Recently, I torched a pan of bacon: flames, smoke, noxious fumes, baking powder, etc. Of course I was absentmindedly sitting at the counter absorbed in my phone & eating breakfast when my astute & gentle son observed smoke coming from the oven. Long story made short, my husband bailed me out, for the umpteenth time & no one was hurt, except for the oven window getting shattered. My husband knew well enough to put out the fire by taking away its oxygen & not pouring water on a grease fire.
Thankfully, Jesus knows how to put out the various fires in our lives. Sometimes relationship can nuke us, sometimes we get burned out from our workload & sometimes we can be fried from the demands & busyness of the Christmas season.
I’m grateful that Jesus soothes my soul, sustains my heart, nurtures & waters the various purposes of my life.