Perspective has alot to do with our decisions & attitudes. Here’s an example: one of my kids just told me that they’re bored. When I suggested that we could skip the Christmas break & head back to school, they were suddenly “un-bored”. Lots of things are a matter of perspective. Along this line, I’ve been thinking lately about what it means to think about things from God’s point of view, based on Biblical insights:
- How does God see the things with which I struggle in my life?
- What is God’s perspective on the way I treat my mate?
- What does God think / feel about how I interact with my kids?
- What does God think about how I behave on my job?
- What things / values are important to God?
- How does God “feel” about the way I use my time, money & energies?
If you want to get to know someone really well, you have to do your best to understand things from their point of view. This takes time, intentionality, honor & humility. Getting to know someone else’s perspective tells them that they are important to you, that their values are significant & that they matter in your life. Getting to know God’s point of view is a noble adventure, worthy of our focus & energies 🙂