I like to read lots of different things & it always seems like I have at least 1-3 books going at any given time. Along with enjoying reading, I’m probably the slowest reader born into the human race, maybe. There’s something very gratifying from turning pages, completing chapters & finishing books – good lessons to learn, observations to make, thoughts to consider.
All of which brings me to wrapping up this year to start a new year. There are some things from 2014 that need to stay in 2014. Here are some things to consider:
- hurts can only remain in the past through forgiveness – turn the page
- bitterness isn’t worth carrying into a new year – start a new chapter
- failures belong in the past & lessons belong in the present – finish the book
- God’s presence is in every moment when you think of God and when you don’t think of God
- God is always helping us, whether we realize it or not