I recently went snowboarding with a friend who is a skier & has never skied with a snowboarder. We went to her home turf ski resort where I’ve never been, so it was a really fun adventure in “first times”. As I was fondly remembering this recent day, I thought about how I had absolutely no clue where I was nor what each run would be like. She knows this mountain so well, she could ski it blindfolded, at night in her sleep – ok, not quite but close.
Snowboarding with my friend was kind of like following the Holy Spirit in these ways:
- total trust: I had to listen attentively to my friend to know where I should end up so we didn’t get separated
- stay close: on several occasions, she had to wait for me & I needed to keep up my speed so that we could ride the lifts together
- terrain park: I tried a beginner box & despite her instructions, I still biffed; so I need to keep trying to learn new terrain & ways to ride
- enjoy the ride: I don’t have to know where I’m going to enjoy the company with whom i travel
- fully committed: the level of my enjoyment is proportionate to my level of commitment; low commitment to the day would have made a low quality / quantity of pleasure & enjoyment
Following the Holy Spirit is a uniquely amazing adventure – so LETS GO!! This book could help you to enjoy the adventure: Heavenly Help 🙂