I need to do some heavy duty Spring cleaning, like cleaning out the kitchen drawers & window washing. There are some other big projects I need to work on like finishing my Saving Moses book, having some difficult conversations, wrestling with some internal challenges and lots more. Because these projects are hard for me, I tend to put them off, try to ignore them, justify not doing them because I’m busy, hope they’ll evaporate or do other stuff to avoid these difficult projects.
But alas, these difficult projects don’t disappear. So now what?
Here are some things that are helping me to work on various difficulties:
- prayerfully look the project square in the eye, so it can be less intimidating
- consider a step to move forward with making some progress with this project
- be gentle but firm with yourself to keep going forward
- celebrate progress and not just perfection or completion
- nestle into God’s unchanging and ever faithful love for you – this helps you to live from a more healthy mindset 🙂