Its really good to experience Christmas w kids & I’m discovering this moreso w each year. I love their questions:
- why do people celebrate Christmas if they don’t believe in Jesus? – David
- who has the last birthday of the year in our family? Answer by Isabell: Jesus
- are we having birthday cake for Jesus’ birthday? – Benji
- what made the men from the East who came to give Jesus presents, “wisemen”? – David
- what were the shepherds doing in the field at night when the angels came to visit? Were they staying up late when this happened? – David
- what are we doing for families that don’t have enough money for Christmas? – Isabell
They’ve asked me LOTS more, but these are just a few off the top of my head. Kids can really distill things to the most important points – cutting through the fluff. I love it!
Isabell is really excited because she’s in our church’s kid’s Christmas program this weekend as an actor, singer, dancer & cheerleader. She’s SO EXCITED!!!!! Benji has his Jr Kindergarten program on Wed – he’s Gabriel. I think he makes a very fitting Gabriel – announcing w great joy, enthusiasm & volume the birth of Jesus. I think David kind of prefers the cerebral approach to the season. Whatever the case, they’re all fabulously unique & I am more than in awe of them & their observations.