We are coming to the close of the Christmas season & it seems to me that we all do Christmas in our own unique ways – which is cause to celebrate! Thankfully, I changed a few of my normal habits so that this year has less stress than preceding years (normally, I procrastinate package wrapping because this is the one task I totally HATE, for various reasons). Anyways, this year we had a wrapping party, so that atrocity has been overcome ,)
I’m now putting my brain into the cooking mode, since today & tomorrow will be filled w food prep. Here are some things that we’ll be cooking (my daughter is helping me):
- breakfast: 2 savory bread puddings (spinach / artichoke and ham, cheese & sun dried tomatoes) – I think these hold great promise ,)
- meats: turkey & ham
- veggies: sweet potato casserole ala’ Isabell & green beans
- salads: green salad & my mom’s infamous black cherry jello
- chorizo stuffing (my husband’s favorite)
- desserts: pecan pie & peach cobbler
So what do you cook & how do you celebrate Christmas???
We are having lots of people over, but the whole point of all of this cooking, preparation, celebration, et. al, is 100% due to Jesus’ birth – indeed, the most noble of all events to celebrate. Merry Christmas!!