One of my favorite Bible stories is David & Goliath so I always find myself cheering for the underdog. I’m also deeply inspired by David’s courage & confidence in God. There have been innumerable occasions in my life when I’ve encouraged myself with David, a mere shepherd, defeating a giant seasoned warrior.
These points can help all of us when we confront various giants in our lives:
- David’s confidence was in God & no one else
- David didn’t fight as a warrior but rather from who he was – a shepherd (Saul’s armor didn’t fit & he used a sling for his weapon)
- David had to stand against his brother’s derision & insults – sometimes families aren’t the supportive people we desire
- David had to speak up & assert himself rather than be a meek & docile wallflower – he let himself be recognized & known
- David recognized that previous struggles were practice for Goliath (lion & bear)
Lets allow God to help us be good at who we are rather than pretending or projecting to be someone we are not!