I like to eat a massive variety of foods. This is largely because my parents trained me in my childhood to eat a spoonful of everything, regardless of my preference. I would suggest that this same principle applies to the Holy Spirit in our lives.
Remembering that Pentecost was yesterday, let’s think about how we can have a little more of the Holy Spirit in our daily living. I’ll make some suggestions below, but I’d also like to hear your ideas as well!!
- Take 5min at lunch everyday for a week to have some quiet prayer & fellowship with the Holy Spirit
- Gift giving: ask for at least one Gifts of the Holy Spirit to flow through you each day
- Walk / Talk with the Holy Spirit: for me, it’s helpful not to bring my phone to minimize the distractions. This is a nice walk / talk experience!
- Be fruity: what fruits of the Holy Spirit could have greater expression in your daily life?
- More Holy Spirit: look for ways to read, listen & feed on the Holy Spirit! Consider reading / rereading my book, Heavenly Help