Is there such a thing as a good tired? Often when I’m tired, I get cranky, impatient & selfish. So what kind of tired might be the good kind?
Here are a few good “tireds” for me:
- exercise tired: when I’ve swum hard, run long or lifted well, my body is spent & there’s a euphoria that feels very satisfying
- mission tired: sometimes when I come home from a Saving Moses trip, there’s a sense of rich fulfillment, seeing redemption in realtime for today & into the future
- people tired: when I minister, it feels good to spend myself & let the Holy Spirit work, touch & talk through me.
There’s also some bad “tireds” that I experience from time to time:
- selfish tired: when I get self-absorbed, this can be very draining
- abundance tired: there’s an interesting balance between being overfull versus starving; being overfull with activities, achievements, food, sleep, coffee, etc can make me very tired
- stress tired: when I carry / hold lots of pressures, it drains me of energy
Seems to me that the good tired happens when I’m balanced & keeping my eyes on Jesus. The bad tired happens when I get my eyes off of Jesus & try to fill myself with other stuff. Jesus is always our best choice 🙂